What makes this implementation of ctags desirable?
Supports many programming languages.
- It is capable of generating tags for all types
of C/C++ language tags, including all of the following:
- It is far less easily fooled by C code containing
preprocessor conditional constructs, using a conditional path selection
algorithm to resolve complicated choices, and a fall-back algorithm when
this one fails.
- Supports user-defined languages, using regular expressions.
- Supports output of Emacs-style TAGS files.
- Can also be used to print out a list of selected objects found in source
- Compiles on UNIX, MSDOS, Windows 95/98/NT, OS/2, QNX, Amiga, QDOS, VMS,
Macintosh, and Cray.
Back to Exuberant Ctags